NRL 1 year ago

Feldt over "15 minutes of bad form"

  • Feldt over "15 minutes of bad form"

    BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA - MARCH 25: Kyle Feldt of the Cowboys attempts to break away from the defence during the round four NRL match between the Brisbane Broncos and the North Queensland Cowboys at Suncorp Stadium on March 25, 2016 in Brisbane, Australia. (Photo by Bradley Kanaris/Getty Images)

North Queensland winger Kyle Feldt says he has finally put behind him the "15 minutes of bad form" that cost him a State of Origin debut.

Feldt was considered a guaranteed Queensland call-up for the June 1 Origin opener after sparkling NRL form for the Cowboys.

However, two days before the Maroons team was read out Feldt committed three poor handling errors in the NRL grand final re-match against Brisbane in round 11 three weeks ago.

You might also like

His nightmare first half ensured his Broncos opposite number Corey Oates got the Origin call-up instead.

Feldt said he still considered himself in good form before the Origin team was read out despite the butterfingered display.

"It was only 15 minutes of bad form," he said ahead of Monday night's NRL clash in Cronulla.

"They were uncharacteristic errors in the first 15 minutes but since then I don't think I have made them."

Feldt appeared to immediately shake off his Maroons snub in North Queensland's next game - a round 12 loss to the Dragons without their Origin stars.

He was peppered with kicks and defused each one, taking three in spectacular style namely an AFL-esque grab over Kurt Mann's head to score a first half try.

But Feldt admitted his costly gaffes against the Broncos that sent back in the Maroons queue took some time to get his head around.

"I have tried to push that away," Feldt said.

"I think everyone knows it was a low spot for me.

"But that's footy. It happens. You have to put it behind you and move on."

0 0
please wait...